• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Bandsaw losing power and stalling

Here pretty much everything you need to know about setting up a bandsaw. At least it’s been invaluable to me.

View: https://youtu.be/wGbZqWac0jU
Tom, I want to thank you again for providing the link to Alex Snodgrass' video. The tuning he taught made the best improvements to the way my saw cuts. I've always had issues with the blade not cutting parallel to the table even though I set it up by the book. Thought there was an issue with my saw, just lived with it. I never wanted to put a wide blade on it but after watching his video, I put a 3/4" 2 tpi blade on it and it cut straight as an arrow. Made a sled to cut cedar cookies and cut almost 100 of them that are in a plastic bag curing. I also built a bowl jig to use with a 3/8" blade that I am tickled to death with how it works, have probably cut 15 blanks with it so far.
IMG_1487.jpgIMG_1491.jpg

Thanks for the advice! Do you have a particular brand of blade that you’d recommend? It seems like most green wood specific blades don’t come in 72” .

These are the best, I've been using them for several years. And they offer them in 72"

I have been buying blades from Band Saw Blades Direct for years, they custom cut and weld all blades. I use carbon steel blades 3/8" x 142" 3tpi, I think they were about $22.00 plus shipping

Back