• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Finished item.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com
View attachment 31319 View attachment 31318 so how do I post a picture in the photo gallery under comments. I can’t do it. I tried to post a new photo but the photo gods slapped me and deleted it, a few people had asked to see it and I can’t do it.
Glenn, the rules are quite simple and clear, take a minute to read the Gallery rules and you will avoid been slapped by me or any other God. This is the right place to post a turned item to show us how you are using it.. Simply to show it's progress, to get kudos or ask for advice, this is the place. The gallery is strictly for finished items.

Glenn, the rules are quite simple and clear, take a minute to read the Gallery rules and you will avoid been slapped by me or any other God. This is the right place to post a turned item to show us how you are using it.. Simply to show it's progress, to get kudos or ask for advice, this is the place. The gallery is strictly for finished items.
Do me a favour and delete this post. I’m out! That was the finished item! It was a Christmas turning. I guess in your eyes you cant embellish a turning with flowers. Oh well . Merry Christmas.

It takes me a while to learn the Hierarchy, but I get it now...
Ya, it’s a shame. I’ve had such good interactions with people in the past at AAW.But to have a post just deleted by god! And then no recourse. Could not even reply to the person that did it. So I named him or her god! Then to get a public snotty message to read the rules, it’s easy. Well, f you. I’m not like that. People need to not let authority go to there head.

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
I deleted the image because it didn't comply with the gallery rules. You had already posted a picture of the completed platter. The image that I deleted was a picture of a floral table arrangement that was on top of the platter which was all but completely obscured by the floral arrangement. I gave you an explanation of why the image was deleted and recommended that you post the image in a thread instead of the gallery so don't pretend that you don't know what happened or the reason why.

Emiliano didn't see the image before I deleted it so his reply was a bit tongue in cheek. He and I are just dedicated volunteers who put in a lot of hours each day managing the forum. We do it as a labor of love for woodturning. Once in a blue moon there's a situation that makes it feel like a thankless job.

We do our dead level best to be fair and tolerant. Our rules are simple ... basically, be civil and interact with each other as if you were meeting them face to face.

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
I gather that you wanted to post a picture of the floral arrangement in the comments section to the platter image that you posted in the gallery. Unfortunately, the software isn't configured so that images can be uploaded directly from your computer to the comments section. I know that it's a pain in the rear, but currently the only option is to link to an image that you have on the web such as an online photo album, for example photobucket or SmugMug. There are a number of photo hosting sites that are free for a limited amount of storage space.

I deleted the image because it didn't comply with the gallery rules. You had already posted a picture of the completed platter. The image that I deleted was a picture of a floral table arrangement that was on top of the platter which was all but completely obscured by the floral arrangement. I gave you an explanation of why the image was deleted and recommended that you post the image in a thread instead of the gallery so don't pretend that you don't know what happened or the reason why.

Emiliano didn't see the image before I deleted it so his reply was a bit tongue in cheek. He and I are just dedicated volunteers who put in a lot of hours each day managing the forum. We do it as a labor of love for woodturning. Once in a blue moon there's a situation that makes it feel like a thankless job.

We do our dead level best to be fair and tolerant. Our rules are simple ... basically, be civil and interact with each other as if you were meeting them face to face.

Wow. I did not pretend anything. In your eyes the platter was finished when I posted it. In my eyes. The artist in this particular piece the piece was finished when the floral arrangement was added. That was the whole purpose of making the piece. I’m sorry you can not see that. Anyways I’m glad we are getting censored like this. I will remember in the future I must make sure my pieces are finished when other people tell me they are. I will make sure I never post a picture of a work in progress ever again.

Merry Christmas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back