• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Indexing plunger.

In my search for handle knobs I found indexing plungers. Where have they been all my turning days? One of my peeves is having to hold the pin in to lock the spindle and if you don't it usually falls into the pile of shavings unless you screw it into the threaded indexing holes.
Anyone wouldn't happen to know the thread and pin size of the spindle pin for a grizzly g0766 would they? Otherwise it's a 40 mile round trip to either get batteries for my caliper or go to a big box store and try to match up nuts to figure out the size of the plunger needed.

This isn't really a necessary item just a handy one. Most of the other lathes have a spindle lock that doesn't fall in the shavings don't they?

I'd try calling Grizzly. They've been helpful when I've called them with questions.
M8 - 1.25 x 33mm long I'm guessing 33 is the thread length. She couldn't find any info on the actual dia. of the pin itself that engages the spindle. Still working on it though. Well, she said they were unable to do a research whatever on such a small item. They would sell me some calipers though. LOL

Back