• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

peppermill

I would like a little help before I do something wrong. I am about to make my first peppermil and saltmill set. The only instructions that I can find say to rough turn, drill, then assemble. Nothing says when to complete the developing form, or when to apply finish. Also would it help align grain with less of a gap if I separate the top from the body at an upward angle? Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks
terry

AAW sample article on pepper mills

this web site has a sample article ( full article actually) on pepper mills . just get to main page and look under "sample issue articles " its some where in there. i just printed it out 10 minutes ago.

Website
www.timbertreasurestwo.com
Woodturning Design also had a segmented peppermill article (see page 70 in Issue #3) by Ron Hampton and Billy Webb. Even though it is a segmented turning and different from what you are probably doing, the concepts presented are pretty much the same for drilling, turning and finishing.

Joe

Back