• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Video on Oneway chuck maintenance?

I have a 30 year old Oneway chuck ( w tommy bars) that has become stiff and hard to open/close. Can you recommend a video that shows how to disassemble for cleaning/lube?

Before disassembling, have you tried blowing out well and then spraying backside liberally, and openings from the top, with Boeshield, or WD40, etc?

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
I do what @Ron Solfest says. Wd 40 & air.

If that doesn’t help
I attached the manual. Page 11 has the disassemble instructions.

You may only have to take out the jaw slides. Be sure to keep them in order as they come out.
Mark where the last one came out. Put them back in reverse order starting where you marked.
I think the slides are numbered but they might not be readable.

If the chuck is working ok with the slides out, I’d just clean the treads and put it back together.

Otherwise the rest is just two steps. Take out the adapter use the holding screws in the jack screw holes.
Then use retaining ring pliers to remove the retaining ring.

Attachments

• ow-talon.pdf
    384.4 KB · Views: 17
Back