• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
…..‘tis the season  -  #1
Tom Gall

…..‘tis the season - #1

Haven’t made this year’s ornaments as yet, so here is an old one.

Holly disc ornament (shallow bowl) & icicle. Off-center turning, textured and acrylic paint. Approx. 2 - 2¼”ø x 6½-7” h.

One of my favorites – made in 2004. Holly icicle was turned on two axes.
@Chris Fairbanks
Thanks, Chris. I’m not a photographer and my photo sessions are a crapshoot. I’ll take dozens of pictures in all the different modes on my camera – with 1,2, or 3 lights or no lights. Then pick a handful of the best – most others are not good.

I have a photo tent and a gradient (?) backdrop (white to black). Only the black shows on this ornament photo because it is hanging high in the tent. These pictures were taken 4 years ago, but I am getting a little better at photo taking. :)

Most of the technical data can be found in the ‘Information’ tab above. If you need any additional date I’ll try to track it down for you. The camera is about 10 years old.

Media information

Album
Tom Gall
Added by
Tom Gall
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings

Image metadata

Device