• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Beer Bowl
Patrick Carroll

Beer Bowl

This piece is based on a Norwegian beer bowl I made based on a class with Jimmy Clewes many years ago. It is made from Sycamore. Textured with Manpa cutters and texturing tool. Finished with many layers of iron paint and activator. 250mm diameter x 70mm high.
I've tried rust paint and got a really disappointing result. Mine is the Modern Options Sophisticated Finishes brand. Your patina looks great. Can you tell me what you're using to get such a rich look? And did you topcoat with anything to keep it intact?

I've tried rust paint and got a really disappointing result. Mine is the Modern Options Sophisticated Finishes brand. Your patina looks great. Can you tell me what you're using to get such a rich look? And did you topcoat with anything to keep it intact?
Email responded to. Thank you

Like this one. But - would really enjoy seeing what the texturing is like under the rust paint. Have any other pics?
Like this one. But - would really enjoy seeing what the texturing is like under the rust paint. Have any other pics?
Not sure how to put a photo in the reply Tim. email me at patcarrollwoodturning@gmail.com or check it out on WOW.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Patrick Carroll
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename