• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Bobble Box
Mark Hepburn

Bobble Box

Simple box, with finial. I think it's red elm. Anybody who is certain I'd appreciate their help on that.
Dimensions about 3.5 x 4 not including the finial.
Nice one, Mark.....:)

"Bobble"....meaning it wobbles on the base? The thought just occurred to me that if you added lead shot to the base, you could really make that bobble lean!....just a thought out of my crazy mind!

Anyway, welcome back to the "vortex", Mark......you were missed! :)

-o-

vortex

vôr′tĕks″

noun​

1. A whirling mass of water or air that sucks everything near it toward its center.
  2. A place or situation regarded as drawing into its center all that surrounds it, and hence being inescapable or destructive.
  3. A whirl of fluid.
  4. A mental condition known to afflict someone who buys a wood lathe!

Nice one, Mark.....:)

"Bobble"....meaning it wobbles on the base? The thought just occurred to me that if you added lead shot to the base, you could really make that bobble lean!....just a thought out of my crazy mind!

Anyway, welcome back to the "vortex", Mark......you were missed! :)

-o-
Hey Odie! Thanks so much. Ya know, I really missed being here. I spent months rehabbing one hand and then the other, then the other one again. It was maddening having to relearn how to do stuff but that's all behind me now.

Yes, it wobbles on the base. I have a little video but don't know how to add it to my page. That lead shot idea is something I may try. I like the wobbling boxes and did one for the Beads of Courage a couple of years ago.

vortex

vôr′tĕks″

noun​

1. A whirling mass of water or air that sucks everything near it toward its center.
  2. A place or situation regarded as drawing into its center all that surrounds it, and hence being inescapable or destructive.
  3. A whirl of fluid.
  4. A mental condition known to afflict someone who buys a wood lathe!
Yes, back in the vortex! Where I am very comfy if a little crazy for it...

:-D

A mental condition known to afflict someone who buys a wood lathe!
I did a deep dive on the Google and found the following:

- It says individuals are often unaware of the onset of the affliction at the time of lathe purchase.

- That it is an obsessive and progressive affliction characterized by the subsequent purchases of often unnecessary items including but not limited to: tools, accessories, materials, equipment, books, countless varieties of sandpaper and other various sundry items.

- Other symptoms include but are not limited to:

- long periods of self isolation in the basement, garage or woodshed,

- sudden jerking of the right leg on the brake pedal while sighting a downed tree or roadside wood pile

- talking in the sleep with random mutterings of seemingly unconnected and obscure words such as crotch, fingernail, jaw, pith, mandrel, ogee, spurtle, banjo, burr and burl.

- The affliction has a secondary effect on the immediate family who slowly adjust to the accumulation of dust throughout the household and ever-growing collection of turned items occupying most available flat surfaces throughout the household.

- This affliction often continues for the patients entire remaining lifetime and at present there is no know cure.

I did a deep dive on the Google and found the following:

- It says individuals are often unaware of the onset of the affliction at the time of lathe purchase.

- That it is an obsessive and progressive affliction characterized by the subsequent purchases of often unnecessary items including but not limited to: tools, accessories, materials, equipment, books, countless varieties of sandpaper and other various sundry items.

- Other symptoms include but are not limited to:

- long periods of self isolation in the basement, garage or woodshed,

- sudden jerking of the right leg on the brake pedal while sighting a downed tree or roadside wood pile

- talking in the sleep with random mutterings of seemingly unconnected and obscure words such as crotch, fingernail, jaw, pith, mandrel, ogee, spurtle, banjo, burr and burl.

- The affliction has a secondary effect on the immediate family who slowly adjust to the accumulation of dust throughout the household and ever-growing collection of turned items occupying most available flat surfaces throughout the household.

- This affliction often continues for the patients entire remaining lifetime and at present there is no know cure.

Yeah, I read that too. :D:D

Well done, Will!

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Mark Hepburn
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings