• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Bubinga Platter
Don Leydens

Bubinga Platter

This is an 18" dia. Bubinga platter. Some different texturing on both sides. The bottom was turned on 3 axes to get that effect (4 counting the center position, and thanks to Frank Penta). A lot of fun to turn and finish a rich piece of wood like this. Hope you like it. Finished with Tung Oil and Renaissance Wax. Thanks for looking and all comments welcome, Don L.
very nice

Don, that is gorgeous! I love bubinga....Now you're sure that is not the piece of wood Beau was saving for me.....

Mike - LOL, Thanks my friend. I think you're wood is safe. I bet you'll like turning it as much as I did. The word rich keeps coming to mind. I can just see this wood transformed into some of your gorgeous boxes. Beautiful stuff!
Thanks again,
Don L.

Don, I know Frank fairly well and you certainly did him proud with this lovely platter.
Dale

Thanks Dale!
Yea, Frank is really something. As Mike Stafford told me, he's a very generous man and a great ambassador of the craft. Very true.
Don L.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Don Leydens
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata