• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Cedar Hollow Form
C

Cedar Hollow Form

Eastern Red Cedar 6" x 5". The shape and carving on the top were strictly experiments. A nice red and cream when cut, in time this soft wood turns a dull brown regardless of the finish. So, I used a combination of red and orange dyes, applied sparingly. Minwax Antique Oil Finish, Beal buffed. Comments, good and bad, solicited.
Dale
Very nice, Dale. A different shape and some nice detail work. I like it. I can't see the colors (color blind), so I can't help you there. Well done.
Don L.

Amazing! The knot swirls in and reminds me of a black hole. It also gives the viewer an optical illusion like the knot is on the back wall of the vessel but still connected to the front. Really great piece!

Very nicely done. I like the detail work & the coloring it really highlights the grain.

Hi Dale..I like the shape & wood very much (and dye) but what draws me is the detail in neck/shoulder area..it is a piece I want to hold. thanks for sharing

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Clemens
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename