• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Eucalyptus clock
Larry OBrien

Eucalyptus clock

Eucalyptus clock with turquoise inlay 17” x 14”
Nicely done, Larry. If I might make a recommendation - change those stock brass hands for some straight black (more modern) hands. More contrast against the wood and the jagged shaped turquoise inlay ... easier to read from a distance. Also, since there are no hour indicators does it always sit in the same position on the stand? You might need some kind of marks (inconspicuous) on the clock where the stand's legs should be. Can it also be hung on a wall? Just my 2¢. ;)

Nicely done, Larry. If I might make a recommendation - change those stock brass hands for some straight black (more modern) hands. More contrast against the wood and the jagged shaped turquoise inlay ... easier to read from a distance. Also, since there are no hour indicators does it always sit in the same position on the stand? You might need some kind of marks (inconspicuous) on the clock where the stand's legs should be. Can it also be hung on a wall? Just my 2¢. ;)
I didn't put numbers on purpose I cut a groove all the way around on the back so it could be hung in any position on a wall so didn't want numbers in a specific place

I didn't put numbers on purpose I cut a groove all the way around on the back so it could be hung in any position on a wall so didn't want numbers in a specific place
I realize that ... I've made several that way myself (never liked numbers - usually used four marks/dots). My point was that if the clock was moved on the stand (not always placed in the same position) the time would be incorrect and it would be difficult to know that unless compared to another clock.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Larry OBrien
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device