• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Generations
Dave Landers

Generations

Three maple hollow forms. They are 10-1/2", 5", and 1-7/8" tall. Larger one is 7" diameter and has a pewa repaired crack. Finish is Osmo Poly-x and buffed.
Very nice, Dave. There seems to be a dark edge around each pewa. Are these 2 piece pewa, or is there veneer, or maybe black adhesive?

Very nice, Dave. There seems to be a dark edge around each pewa. Are these 2 piece pewa, or is there veneer, or maybe black adhesive?
No, nothing planned like that. My trim router bushing was off-center, so the cutouts were just a hair too big. I packed the gaps with dust from sanding, and hit that with CA. Not sure why they turned dark. But I think I lucked out - I like how the dark line subtly highlights the maple pewa.

Once I figured out that something was amiss (after cutting for the last pewa!) I fiddled with the router and got it centered again... but I'm not really sure how... Probably dust or something where the adjustable sleeve fits over the router body? Will watch it more carefully next time!

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Dave Landers
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device