• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Junior
George Guadiane

Junior

Junior here was "leftovers" from the taller Ash vase. Not much curl shows because the end grain is what is showing.

Diameter: 4 1/2 inches
Height: 2 inches
Finish: Water Based Polyurethane
[b]As Always, Questions, Comments and Critique Welcome[/b]
And I CAN handle the truth!
Thanks to you both. I was drawn to seed pots myself when I first saw Richard Pagano's work. I was sorry to not have been able to meet him... I wanted to see if he would mentor me when I started. I did get a couple of his gouges from his wife, which I use with care.
(sorry for the aside, but he was a GREAT craftsman)

I like this seed pot very much also.
On your aside about Rich P., there was not a nicer guy to be found. I was lucky enough to know him for some time. My big regret is I never took him up on his offers to go and play in his shop and learn his techniques. I too have some of his tools. A true innovator and artist gone too soon. I'm sure he would be impressed with your "OATS" concept. I know I am. I enjoyed your demo very much, just wish they had given you more time.

Thanks Don,
I have been invited to do that demo at the Totally Turning Symposium in October, maybe you will have time to sit in then...
If not, maybe you will come over to MY shop and "play."

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
George Guadiane
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata