• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
The 10 Moons of Ranchipur
rmuniak

The 10 Moons of Ranchipur

I have envisioned a planitary sytem in a gallexy far far away. I got to name the Planet and all the moons and someday make-up their eco-systems. I could use some help on the names and the types of eco-systems they might have..

Ranchipur (Aromatic Cedar) is 8" in Diam. and the smallest is 2' (Lignum Vitae) followed counter-clockwise with; Boxelder, Crabwood, Buckeye Burl, Hickory, She-Oak (Bacote twin sub-moons), Tasmanian Pinkwood, and Mesquite. The base is Cherry. and is also turned
Photo; Arlan Heiser
Almost perfect. Or, perfect enough. It might not survive astronomical analysis, but who cares?

Just a tiny nit to pick: They seem to be clockwise from above, instead of CCW.

Bravo!

The ordering of them in your list, Ray.

The smallest one has 4 more siblings to the one with twins, then 2 more. CW viewed from above the North pole of Ranchipur. "CCW" in your list. All relative, of course; if the base rotated CCW, your list would be their presentation in order. Now my head hurts.

I get it now. So having 4 siblings as apposed to twins creates a dicotomy, precipitating a quantum leveraging in the repletus sperctrum. Thusly evoking spontanious undercurrents of rotational diversity. Hence ccw as apposed to cw. Dummy me...

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
rmuniak
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename