• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Walnut Mesquite and Pear
T

Walnut Mesquite and Pear

The softer tones are somewhat less formal and remind me of pottery. Approx 13" x 5". Top and rim are matched from a common block.
Tim, some nice bowl forms, beautiful walnut, and nice wood combinations - and glue-ups look very good.
If I might make a suggestion - you need to "finish the finish". There appears to be a slight orange-peel effect here (and your previous post) that takes away from all your fine work - IMHO. A final sanding of the finish with one or more of the following would work. Foam backed pads, abrasive-mesh pads, Abralon, #0000 steel wool, etc. Then wax & buff or use a Beall type buffing system. Of course, this is easier to do while you can still mount the piece on the lathe. Just my 2¢ ... and only worth what you paid for it! ;) BTW - your "Walnut Tuxedo" piece looks great ... did you finish it differently?

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Tim Hunter
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device