• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Whisky Barrel Box
Bob Franklin

Whisky Barrel Box

This one was inspired by a recent demo and design from Tod Raines. It is made from Maple and features a piston fit, a little pyrography and a little laser engraving. These are a lot of fun and this one was definitely a learning experience
When I first saw the little thumb nail pisture, I thought a "keg whistle". That's pretty cool. the rounded hollow opening did sort of look like the opening for a whistle. When I expanded the view and saw it was a box of a whiskey barrel. That is way better. Love it. (Can't say much for your choice in distilleries however.)

Unique to say the least. My concern would be the copyright laws regarding the JD logo.
Have a friend who got in a lawsuit over a copyrighted logo and it cost him big $$$$$.

@John Torchick
I think you can use whatever you like for personal use, but there could be a problem if you were to start selling these. (I prefer Buffalo Trace distillery (Blanton's, Eagle Rare, etc.), personally)

Matthew, I agree. My friend, as I said, used a logo for his business and suffered a lawsuit over it. That is a very unique box/barrel. In my younger days, which were a long time ago, I preferred scotch. Good turning!

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Bob Franklin
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename