• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

AAW Annual Survey

When you have received your Winter issue of the American Woodturner, and have read it over, then click on this link to take part in the AAW's annual survey, which deals specifically with how to make the AW Journal even better (if that's possible)...with your inputs.

The survey will close at midnight January 15, 2008...so you've got plenty of time...

Last edited:
Ames, Iowa (about 25 miles north of Des Moines)
Website
rwallace.public.iastate.edu
American Woodturner is on its way...

As long as the journal arrives in time;) I'm still waiting for it to arrive.:(

Just an FYI - I live 25 miles north of Des Moines where the journal was mailed from..... Mine arrived yesterday (19 November 2007).....patience, my friend....it is well worth waiting for!

I saw AW Editor Carl Voss this past Saturday in Des Moines at The Des Moines Turners mini-symposium - I should have thanked him then for the excellent issue, but it had not arrived yet. I'll take this opportunity now to thank him publicly for an excellent publication we are fortunate to have as AAW members.

Cheers,

Rob Wallace

Website
www.turnlinks.com
Just an FYI - I live 25 miles north of Des Moines where the journal was mailed from..... Mine arrived yesterday (19 November 2007).....patience, my friend....it is well worth waiting for!

What I should have said it has over 4000 miles to come to get to me and usually arrives about 1 month after being mailed. With the Christmas post as well I suspect that it is marginal if I will have it in time for Christmas. I am still waiting for the latest edition of Woodturning Design to arrive.

I'm willing to bet your issue will arrive in Spain before our arrives in hawaii. Our Christmas sales catalogs usually arrive sometime in March.

What I should have said it has over 4000 miles to come to get to me and usually arrives about 1 month after being mailed. With the Christmas post as well I suspect that it is marginal if I will have it in time for Christmas. I am still waiting for the latest edition of Woodturning Design to arrive.

Back