• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Dave Narducci

Greetings! I have been turning for about 10 years, but feel like a beginner often. I’m a member of Woodturners of North Texas, and I’m looking forward to methodically reading the vast amount of information available on this forum. At this writing, I have a Rikon midi with an extended bed, Oneway Talon chuck, and a small but nice variety of turning tools. Like most, began with pens and graduated to weed pots, small bowls & platters. Just attended my first SWAT Symposium, and don’t think my eyes have reduced to normal size yet. It was so cool meeting all the well-known vendors and artists. I came home with new segmenting supplies and hollowing tools. I try to spend as much time in the shop as I can early in the morning so that I can play freely. It’s time to get into production mode, and the Chief never wearies of encouragement and support. Apologies and sincere gratitude in advance for the (many) questions to be posted, and hopefully, the answers to be received here. Happy & Safe turning to all!

Last edited:

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
Welcome,

I assume you have hooked up with one of the AAW chapters sponsoring SWAT. If not consider doing so.

Those volunteer form the chapters that run SWAT do a terrific job. I have had the pleasure of attending twice- both terrific experiences - great people, comfortable venue.

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Welcome to the AAW forum, Dave. I'm glad to see another member of my club on the forum (note to Al, yes the Woodturners of North Texas club is a major player in the SWAT symposium). We are looking forward to you sharing your expertise and fellowship

Back