• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Derek Lane

Website
www.facebook.com
I have been turning since 2009 and self taught. I love to experiment with different ideas and have just started with using airbrushes and pyrography machines to enhance my work. I took up woodwork as therapy after 4 heart attacks it allows me to do as much or as little as I am able to do. My main form of woodworking is wood-turning followed by making wooden models/toys which I write articles for an English woodworking magazine. I also enjoy woodcarving but am a total novice at it.

Website
www.facebook.com
Thank you both for the welcome. Although looking at the work on display i still have a very long way to go and a lot to learn

@Bill Boehme Thank you for the change a good idea which should be used across many forums. glad you like the photo's will add a few more from what I have produced this year but not all of them. any models that i make that have involved turning I will also add but there only a very few of those.

Last edited:
Back