• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Don Leydens

Hi Odie (and everyone for that matter)!

My name is Don Leydens and a friend recently told me there was a thread here asking if anyone has seen me and if I was still alive. I'm glad to say I'm still here. I had stopped posting here quite a while back because of some health problems that are almost fixed. I have been turning the whole time, just didn't take the time to post things. Sorry that I haven't kept in touch. Perhaps I'll get back into posting. I sure have a lot of saved photos of things that were never posted here (or anywhere).

Odie, you said some very nice things in that thread and I thank you whole heartedly. You're the best.

I tried to find the thread to try and read it all but I can't find it. Perhaps it's just to far back to recall it. It was in Nov. last year.

I'm going to check out all of the recent photos and see what you folks have been up to.

Hope to see you or hear from you soon,
Don

odie

TOTW Team
Panning for Montana gold, with Betsy, the mule!
Hi Odie (and everyone for that matter)!

My name is Don Leydens and a friend recently told me there was a thread here asking if anyone has seen me and if I was still alive. I'm glad to say I'm still here. I had stopped posting here quite a while back because of some health problems that are almost fixed. I have been turning the whole time, just didn't take the time to post things. Sorry that I haven't kept in touch. Perhaps I'll get back into posting. I sure have a lot of saved photos of things that were never posted here (or anywhere).

Odie, you said some very nice things in that thread and I thank you whole heartedly. You're the best.

I tried to find the thread to try and read it all but I can't find it. Perhaps it's just to far back to recall it. It was in Nov. last year.

I'm going to check out all of the recent photos and see what you folks have been up to.

Hope to see you or hear from you soon,
Don

Well, I'll be darned! :)

Good to hear that you're ok, and still turning, Don. Your turnings have always been an inspiration for the creative mind. Be sure to let us see what you've been up to lately.

I was thinking of getting an Ouija board to communicate with you, but I guess I saved myself the money! :)
1675288841835.png

Don't be a stranger!

-----odie-----

You bet, Odie! Thanks for the reply. Glad your doing well, too. Put away the Ouija board, this is easier. Catch you soon,
gotta run up to the house.

Later my friend!
Don

Howdy and welcome back.

Michael Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
TOTW Team
Hi Don! Nice to meet you. Glad the health problems are mostly fixed. I remember looking at your gallery when Odie posted the aforementioned thread. A lot of impressive pieces—looking forward to seeing more. Cheers!

Hi Don! Nice to meet you. Glad the health problems are mostly fixed. I remember looking at your gallery when Odie posted the aforementioned thread. A lot of impressive pieces—looking forward to seeing more. Cheers!
Thanks Michael! Appreciate the hello!
Don

Back