• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Dwayne Watt

Website
www.prairiewoodart.com
I have been flat woodworking for a long time but have been turning for about one year. The artistic aspect of woodturning fascinates me. I am drawn toward various forms of segment turning and spend most of my shop (studio?) time dabbling in that realm. I joined AAW a couple months ago and am also a member of the Tulsa chapter, Northeast Oklahoma Woodturners Association (NEOWTA), now serving on the executive board of NEOWTA. Here are a couple examples of the sorts of things that have successfully made it out of the shop including my first and only attempt at a calabash-styled form (no glue involved!)

IMG_1592.jpgIMG_1530.jpgIMG_1500 2.jpgIMG_1596.jpg

Howdy and welcome from Texas! Great work. Keep 'em coming :)

Website
www.prairiewoodart.com
Thank you to all. I am so in awe of much of the work shown on this site that I hesitated to post photos. I figure as long as I am able to continue to improve that is the overall point. I am still looking for that "perfect" (in my mind) completed project. I have gotten close a couple times on some things I didn't post.

Michael Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
TOTW Team
Hi Dwayne, welcome from Chattanooga! Your pieces look great. Don’t hesitate to post to the gallery—we love seeing people’s work!

Back