• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

For Sale: Trend Airshield excellent with custom charger & extra

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Sale is my Trend Airshield excellent with custom battery cradle and an outboard charger. Please check the link below to read about the custom battery cradle I built and the charging unit used. The cradle is crude but with the charger it works much better than the Trend wall wart charger. The red charger was purchased from Amazon and what I like about it is when the battery is fully charged the light changes to green indicating charging is complete. The OEM charger from Trend does not indicate when charging is complete so the battery can be overcharged and there are stories of this happening which destroys the battery. If you have two batteries one can be in use and the second can be charged and ready. If you have one battery, as the one included with this airshield, a full charge is complete within two hours versus up to ten hours with the Trend wall wart charger. In testing the effectiveness of the charged battery I used the little plastic device with a small ball inside. Placed inside the airshield as instruced and when it is turned on, the little ball shot up to the top immediately. You can see this plastic device in one of the pictures. With the OEM wall wart charger, the ball never moved.

In addition to the custom battery cradle and aftermarket charger, there is a 10 pack of face shield protective sheets. All original paperwork is included as is the carrying plastic bag.

Price is $285 with free shipping. PayPal only. If interested in purchasing this Trend Airshield, please let me know and I'll provide my PayPal ID. Thanks.

Below is the thread I wrote about building the battery cradle etc. I will say this, the cradle and charger do a much better job of charging the battery to a full charge and in about 1/5 th the time. It may not be pretty but it sure works well and takes the OEM wall wart charger out of the equation entirely.

Attachments

• IMG_0702.jpeg
    IMG_0702.jpeg
    402.8 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0714.jpeg
    IMG_0714.jpeg
    357.8 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0715.jpeg
    IMG_0715.jpeg
    414.2 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0736.jpeg
    IMG_0736.jpeg
    354.2 KB · Views: 65
More pictures - inside.

Attachments

• IMG_0738.jpeg
    IMG_0738.jpeg
    438 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0739.jpeg
    IMG_0739.jpeg
    465.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0741.jpeg
    IMG_0741.jpeg
    391.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0742.jpeg
    IMG_0742.jpeg
    323.4 KB · Views: 24
SOLD .... is my Trend Airshield excellent with custom battery cradle and an outboard charger. Please check the link below to read about the custom battery cradle I built and the charging unit used. The cradle is crude but with the charger it works much better than the Trend wall wart charger. The red charger was purchased from Amazon and what I like about it is when the battery is fully charged the light changes to green indicating charging is complete. The OEM charger from Trend does not indicate when charging is complete so the battery can be overcharged and there are stories of this happening which destroys the battery. If you have two batteries one can be in use and the second can be charged and ready. If you have one battery, as the one included with this airshield, a full charge is complete within two hours versus up to ten hours with the Trend wall wart charger. In testing the effectiveness of the charged battery I used the little plastic device with a small ball inside. Placed inside the airshield as instruced and when it is turned on, the little ball shot up to the top immediately. You can see this plastic device in one of the pictures. With the OEM wall wart charger, the ball never moved.

In addition to the custom battery cradle and aftermarket charger, there is a 10 pack of face shield protective sheets. All original paperwork is included as is the carrying plastic bag.

Price is $285 with free shipping. PayPal only. If interested in purchasing this Trend Airshield, please let me know and I'll provide my PayPal ID. Thanks.

Below is the thread I wrote about building the battery cradle etc. I will say this, the cradle and charger do a much better job of charging the battery to a full charge and in about 1/5 th the time. It may not be pretty but it sure works well and takes the OEM wall wart charger out of the equation entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back