• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Gary Theisen

Good Morning Forum Members. I look forward to participating. I’ve been turning for about 2 years. I consider myself a bit beyond a beginner. I live in Cold Spring, Minnesota. As I write this post, we have 5 degrees above. Expecting 10 below tonight.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Yeark to All.

Welcome to the forum. Have you joined AAW yet? I highly recommend it for the outstanding magazine and many other benefits. But a word of caution- my wife looks at the magazine and asks, "When are you going to make something like that?" I tell her that I could but need about $500 worth of tools to do a proper job. :D

Hi Gary and welcome to the AAW forum. You will find a lot of help here from very knowledgeable turners. Happy turning!

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
Hey Gary. Love to have you here. Keep your weather there. :) As I get older I have learned to dislike cold weather. Or at least my body does.

Welcome Gary. I can sympathize I spent most of my adult life at 9000 feet in the Colorado mountains. Minus 30 was considered a pretty chilly day.

Back