• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

George Correia

Happy New Year Woodturners! My name is George Correia. I am now semi-retired and started turning as a winter pastime a couple of years ago. I heat with an outdoor wood furnace so instead of throwing it all in for heat, I now save pieces for turning in the cold winter months here in New Hampshire. I was given a Shopsmith a few years back and have been using that for my turning. I replaced the single phase motor with a 3-phase motor and control it with a VFD now. This gives me nice speed control. Thank you for welcoming me to the group.
Here are a few pictures of my shop and setup.Control box (1).jpgATV312 on Shopsmith for setup and testing.jpgIMG_20211231_123506506.jpgBowl4.JPG

Back