• Welcome Ornamental Turning International members. CLICK HERE to go to the new OTI forum.

To read the announcement, CLICK HERE.
  • Congratulations to James Seyfried winner of the December 2022 Turning Challenge (click here for details)
  • It's time to cast your TWO VOTES in the January 2023 Turning Challenge. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Russ Braun for "Lisa's Urn" being selected as Turning of the Week of February 6, 2023 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Hollow form with natural edge

Hi All,

Thought I'd share the new video Lies and I made. It is about a hollow form with natural edge. But I wrot that already in the header of the post :). It is a piece of Juglans Regia (walnut). Might be that there are some useful hints and tips for somebody in the video, but most of all I hope you like watching it...

Hollow form video

View: https://youtu.be/iGUsHILy3Yo

Grtz
Ronald

Haven't done any hollow forms in a while. One bothersome part was being able to see inside the form. I found that the "Mag" lights, which are the flash lights with the adjustable beam for 'narrow' and 'wide' worked far better than the standard lights most of us use.

robo hippy

Very nice. I have watched a lot of woodturning videos lately and many are getting to be somewhat repetitive. It's nice to see something different, even if it is way above my skill level.

How "catchie" is the Woodcut ProForme tool? It looks fairly straightforward to use. Does it take a lot of practise to use it properly?
I'm starting to do some deep hollow forms and there are so many different expensive tools that it is hard to decide which to get.

Thanks for the video.