• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Info on setting up and using a VL300 Long Bed

Congratulations, I got a VL300 long bed last year, and am completely satisfied with it. There really wasn't much do do in setting it up. It is heavy so I got a couple of friends to help me move it in place.
I put a piece of rubber conveyor belting under each end, and used a level to level the lathe bed. I ran a 220V line to the lathe, plugged it in, and tried it out.
Maybe others will have something more to add. I have had mine almost a year and have turned all kinds of projects on it. I has done everything I wanted it to do. There are lots of good lathes on the market , but if I had it to do over I would buy the same lathe.

Back