• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Jeremiah Harding

Hello all!

I just wanted to say hello to everyone here.

I just purchased my 1st wood lathe yesterday! I am really excited to get started once I get my workbench made for it.

To see if I like turning I purchased a Ludell wood lathe for 80 bucks which I thought was a good deal. It came with pretty much everything I need for now, except a tappered mandrell. I want to turn duck calls and will need this.

How do I go about finding the right one? Since I am very new to this could you dumb it down for me when responding :D

Thanks,
Jeremiah

Not sure what sizes it takes. I am having trouble getting the bit off the head stock. It is a screw in bit and I can get that darn thing off yet.

Thanks for the other info guys!

Back