• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

KILLINGER Flute & Barley Twist Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com
KILLINGER "KM-150" Flute & Barley Twist Machine with Extra Long Capacity!

For Right & Left-Hand Barley Twists & Straight Flutings

Located in Hardwick, MA

$950 or best offer!

View attachment 42705
You have to add a way for non members to contact you. They can not see your info. Email, phone...

You have to add a way for non members to contact you. They can not see your info. Email, phone...
@Emiliano Achaval, Would it be better for just ask people reply using a private message (aka PM) for exchanging contact info rather than asking them to post their contact info on an open forum post? Just mentioning since this how I've seen some other forums handle sales.

Website
www.reallyruralwoodworks.com
, Would it be better for just ask people reply using a private message (aka PM) for exchanging contact info rather than asking them to post their contact info on an open forum post? Just mentioning since this how I've seen some other forums handle sales.
Ummm Non-members can't send PM's , hence the reason for suggesting posting contact info public - non members (via google search for example) that want to buy the item may not want to go through the trouble to sign up to (often, Yet another forum signup to manage) the forum just to be able to send a PM...

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com
@Emiliano Achaval, Would it be better for just ask people reply using a private message (aka PM) for exchanging contact info rather than asking them to post their contact info on an open forum post? Just mentioning since this how I've seen some other forums handle sales.
You are a member of the forum, so you can see his info if you wanted to. Other people can’t. The for-sale forum rules are simple and few. One is to state your price and a way for people to contact you. @Bill Boehme

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com
Ummm Non-members can't send PM's , hence the reason for suggesting posting contact info public - non members (via google search for example) that want to buy the item may not want to go through the trouble to sign up to (often, Yet another forum signup to manage) the forum just to be able to send a PM...
Exactly.

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
What Emiliano said. Some forums like Sawmill Creek state that you will not post your email address or phone number. While you might guess that it has something to do with keeping your information safe, that isn't the reason. They only allow paying members to participate in their marketplace. If email addresses and phone numbers were allowed then there wouldn't be any way to stop non-paying members. The question has been weighing on my mind for quite a while and I'm inclined to make it optional. You could get a throwaway email address.

What Emiliano said. Some forums like Sawmill Creek state that you will not post your email address or phone number. While you might guess that it has something to do with keeping your information safe, that isn't the reason. They only allow paying members to participate in their marketplace. If email addresses and phone numbers were allowed then there wouldn't be any way to stop non-paying members. The question has been weighing on my mind for quite a while and I'm inclined to make it optional. You could get a throwaway email address.
Check out website www.woodbarter.com where all sales/trades must start in the open forums. Members then exchange any private details for swaps/sales using the PM feature which protects the personal information like phone numbers, email addresses, payment instructions from being scanned by web scrapers. The PM feature isn't reserved for making money since all you only need to be a woodworker to join. New members have a short introduction period before they're allowed to start buying or selling. This intro period allows both forum mods and members to quicky to catch on to scammers who are quickly shown the door.

Like Mike said, I would prefer to limit my sales/purchasing to forum members where I can use PM'S to exchange private details. If an outside Woodturners wants to purchase something here then let them join up, and then maybe they'll also consider participating in the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back