• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

LaserPecker LP! Pro

It's a handy little laser for signing bowls and stuff like that. It seems well made and I like that it's sealed up, (for my dusty, dirty environment) but the downside of no X and Y axis movement is that it's limited to about a 4" size. (not sure if it's round or square)

The tripod is pretty junky, but I had planned to use a magnetic mount anyway. I really wanted something I could use on my lathe with my indexing setup.

Attachments

• IMG_20230201_211948431.jpg
    IMG_20230201_211948431.jpg
    428.6 KB · Views: 33
LaserPecker is a 5 watt output machine, not powerful enough to cut through anything more than thin cardboard or paper. For a little more money (less when they are on sale), you can get a more capable table model with 10 watts or output power. I've been using Ortur Laser Master 3 for the past several months, trouble free. I'll cut through 1/8" thick wood and engrave in high resolution:
View: https://youtu.be/7I9nrAH4iEo

yoyo_display_1b.jpg
2021_36_mod.jpg
2021_06a_mod.jpg

I am thinking about purchasing a LaserPecker One Pro in the near future. Any pros/cons out there would be helpful. Any information from actual users would be beneficial.
Thanks,
There is a stand for the LP 1 Pro made by a David Rouse, a UK turner that makes it really nice for engraving bowls called the PeckerDeck.
You can contact him by PM on the user group FB page.

Attachments

• Pecker Deck.jpg
    Pecker Deck.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Back