• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Michael Lamka

As a Jack of many trades and master of so few, I enjoy the heck out of woodfunning. Seriously, how can something so enjoyable be considered work? o_O Dad bought me my first set of tools when I was 10; not those plastic things we buy 10 year-olds today, but real tools sized for a child's hands, and stored neatly (when opened the first time) in a red steel tool box. The rest is history.

I've piddled at turning several times over the years, first with a Shopsmith MK V, then a Central Machinery mini, and now with a Laguna midi. My bride bought me the Laguna in February, 2021 and it has already gotten more hours of funning than the other two combined, I think. I have, however, consumed every turning video ever posted to YouTube (I'm also known for exaggeration :p)

Anyway, I'm here to learn, to help when I can, and engage in idea exchanges with other wood turners.

Sorry, no photos of me or shop, but I'll see what I can do about that. I wonder if there's room to squeeze a camera in there to make the shot.

Back