• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Mike Murane

As I write this, sitting in my garage/shop is a brand new still in the box Laguna REVO 24-36 lathe. That along with a Tormek sharpener and a new set of Crown tools (and odds and ends) is the reason for my excitement. (Maybe I should change that to terror!!)
I grew up in the 1960's hanging out in my Dad's wood shop watching him turn spindles and bowls on his lathe. It has always been my dream to learn how to turn (the right way!) and now thanks to a unexpected bit of money that came my way I am able to make my dream come true.
I live in Albany, Oregon, am 63 years old and work for the State Employment Department. Married 40 years with 3 grown sons and about (in 2 or 3 years) to have way too much time on my hands after I retire.
I joined AAW as well as the Willamette Valley WoodTurners so perhaps I can make a few friends that would laugh too hard at my beginners effort at turning.
I will be attending the AAW Symposium next month in Portland. I'll show up Friday morning, stay the night and be there Saturday until I head home at the end of the day.

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Welcome aboard, Mike. Woodturning is certainly a hobby that borders on being addictive and it looks like you are off to a running start on this exciting pastime.

p.s., I changed the title of the thread to your username so that member introductions can be searched alphabetically. :)

Welcome aboard, Mike. Woodturning is certainly a hobby that borders on being addictive and it looks like you are off to a running start on this exciting pastime.

p.s., I changed the title of the thread to your username so that member introductions can be searched alphabetically. :)

Thanks for the welcome! Looking forward to this great adventure of mine.

Back