• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Need Injury Photos

Hello all,
I am a very frequent lurker and rare poster. I have a wierd inquiry.

I am looking for personal injury photos from woodturning. I am one of the program directors for the Cap Cod Woodturners Club. I am conducting a saftey lecture next month and I would like to include a few injury photos.

If any of you would like to help other turners by showing your misfortunes please send me a few pictures. My Email is nailed_nailer@yahoo.com

No names need to be provided but if you could include a brief summary of what happened it would help out.

I have many personal stories I can build the lecture around but I don't have any photos.

Thank You,
---Nailer---

There used to be a website out there that had a database of various woodworking related injuries. It had descriptions of the injuries, what the person was doing, what the person would do to prevent it, and if memory serves it even had pictures in some cases. However, I can't seem to find it when I Google for it. Maybe somebody else can recall what it was called?

Back