• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Need new main category in forum

odie

TOTW Team
Panning for Montana gold, with Betsy, the mule!
veterankorea76-77.....

I'm not a moderator, so have no say on whether you get your sub-category of "tools", but in the past, comments and questions about tools have been posted right here in the main forum.

If you've got some specific things about tools you want to discuss, why not just post them here and see what it stirs up? There is an awful lot of knowledge and experience to be tapped into on this forum.......

otis of cologne

Website
www.torne-lignum.com
One woman's opinion: it's easier to read one message board than bounce around. Other forums that have separate message boards usually have flat work, hand tools, carving, etc., here it's only turning so machines and tools are only for turning related.

I like a party in one big room rather than having to walk room to room, you miss a lot of good conversation.

Ruth

Odie and Ruth make sense. There have been many informative tool discussions right here. I'm not sure what you are after as far as tool discussions go but the search function would be a good place to begin.

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
I agree with the others. quite often talking about one subject leads into a tool discussion or vice/versa. I don't see a need for a seperate topic.

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
If this were like the photography site that I participate in where there might be a couple thousand people online at any given time (they have around twenty forums), then it might make more sense. Here, it takes weeks for a post to scroll off the page rather than hours and there is typically around ten people online at any given time. It just doesn't seem necessary at this point to hop between forums. If you are interested in just seeing posts related to a specific topic, it is easy enough to do a search. As an example, if you were interested in questions related to Powermatic lathes, you could search on the word "Powermatic" with the posts arranged in reverse chronological order (latest first).

Bill

New Category

Vet,
No worry, and whatever you do, don't take it personally. Just everyone expressing their own opinion. Welcome to the forums!:)

Back