• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

rockwell 46-111 lathe

Hello new here and need some help!I just bought a rockwell 46-111 wood lathe and am missing the drive center.What size is it,a morse taper?All that is on it is a 8in faceplate.Any help will be appreciated.

Website
www.zionfire.com
Specs

You can find a manual here:

http://www.owwm.com/pubs/detail.asp?ID=1390

:mad: I can't get it to open tonight, but I'll bet you'll find some interesting stuff there.

Got it open. Had to download Acrobat Reader 7.0 or it wouldn't open.

Yes, your machine has a MT#2 on the drive side and on the tailstock side. The manual has a lot more about beginning turning than it does about the machine. At least it talks about what speeds each of the pulley steps provides, and attempts to give guidelines for speed to work diameter ratios. Better than the Jet 1236 manual! :D

Last edited:
Back