• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Sanding myths and realities

Today's reality for me is: When you want 600 but pick up 60 by mistake it makes a mess!
I need to take all of the 60 out of my sanding tray!

I asked Vince re the RedFlex. Here’s his detailed answer:
The red flex discs are more aggressive than any other disc I've carried. When I say more aggressive I believe that the granules are larger which gives it a different sort of bite. I would not use both the red flex for one grit and the blue flags for another great bouncing back-and-forth I don't think that that would be a good recipe for success. I would use one brand or the other. What I'll do today is add a sample pack as an option for purchase of the red flex which will provide one disc from 80 grit to 800 allowing one to get a sampling of the discs to purchase with their order if they would so choose too. To answer your question directly... The red flags discs cut will they last as long but they seem to be a larger grain which offers a different sort of bite. If that makes sense. I hope that answers your question. As always feel free to give me a call at 877-284-8969 I'll be happy to discuss anything you need and as always let me know how I can help you. I'll try to get that sample pack put on the website later today thank you again. Vince

Back