• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Sorby Threading Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMcIvor

AAW Staff
Website
www.mcivorwoodworks.com
I have a set of Sorby threading tools, 16tpi, that I'd like to send to a home that will put them to use. I used them for a couple of projects and they've sat in my lathe tray for years catching shavings. Essentially as new.

$50 + s/h.

Don McIvor
Twisp, WASorby threading tools-1.jpg

I inherited a set with no instructions sheet. i would love to have a copy if at all possible. Thanks

DMcIvor

AAW Staff
Website
www.mcivorwoodworks.com
I inherited a set with no instructions sheet. i would love to have a copy if at all possible. Thanks
Oh Steve. Just saw your message and I've already boxed the set and instructions. Would have been happy to email you a copy. Can't believe you can't find a PDF online?

Also, I recall that the videos I watched on the use of these tools were far more helpful than the drawing based guide. Mike Mahoney's video was particularly helpful. May be some more recent videos on YouTube?

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com
As these sold in 15 min, do you have any others? Still looking
The best place to look for is Ebay UK. There are a whole bunch right now. The guy that has a lot of them will ship to the USA. You can get a great set for less than half of a new one. I have paid as little as $7 US for each.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back