• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Stewart Furini

Website
www.stewartfuriniwoodturning.co.uk
Hi all - a member from the UK... I joined AAW earlier this year and have been a bit slow getting on the forum! I've been turning for ten years, but only regularly for the last five after joining a couple of clubs near my home town. I love turning and have been getting more involved in colouring and texturing in the last eighteen months. I caught the YouTube bug as well, and have been posting colouring and texturing videos since April 2017. I've got some demo work on the back of the videos - it's fun, but a bit more daunting that doing videos as there's no edit button!

I have a single garage set up, but have managed to fit a Wivamac and Vicmarc lathe in, along with a few other machines. I have to admit to being a bit envious of the US woodturing scene and I hope one day I'll get to one of the AAW symposiums - they look great!

workshop3_1_orig.jpg

Back