• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Teensy Microcontroller wiring diagram for Rose Engine Lathe

I'm considering using the Teensy 4.1 Microcontroller with a Stepper Motor to power the spindle on my home built Rose Engine Lathe.

Where could I find information on wiring the basic system such as was done for the MDF Rose Engine Lathe?

I do have the githup location for the software, RoseEngine_SpindleAndAxis, haven't downloaded it yet.

Thanks for any info,
Dale Winburn

RichColvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
OTI Member
Website
www.colvintools.com
Dale,

The code base used there will not work on the Teensy 4.1, only the 3.2, 3.5, or 3.6.

If you are only looking to drive the spindle, look at the Pololu TIC. Check out the MDF Rose Engline 2.0 Library (https://mdfre2.colvintools.com/). The blue book on the 2nd shelf gives you all the details.

Rich

Thanks Rich,

This is exactly what I've been looking for, I have seen the Book Shelf in the past but have been unable to find it recently.

I'm looking at various options for my rose engine build, I will look at the TIC.

I used two Arduino Unos in my original rose engine lathe. The Arduino is so slow that I could not run the spindle and update the LCD with one Arduino, the spindle would stop while the LCD was being updated so I use one Arduino to drive the spindle and the other to keep the LCD updated.

Thanks again,
Dale

Back