• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Who’s work is this?

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
Could possibly be Todd Hoyer. He did a lot of burned work that also had chainsaw marks but I haven't seen anything quite like that from him. Then again I haven't seen any of his latest work.
Could also be Mark Linquist.

I'm curious who "The Daniel Collection" is. I recently started following them on facebook and low and behold came across one of my own turnings. I suppose on facebook any and everything is fair game. But I'd still like to know who or what the Daniel Collection is.

I'm curious who "The Daniel Collection" is. I recently started following them on facebook and low and behold came across one of my own turnings. I suppose on facebook any and everything is fair game. But I'd still like to know who or what the Daniel Collection is.
I assumed the artist put there own work in the Daniel collection. I quess not!

It seems that one of your works has made it into this collection. It seems like it is a group of woodturning collectors showcasing there collections. Congratulations.

I know a couple of turners who have had their work purchased by the Daniel Collection.
They also buy from woodturning show auctions and symposium fundraisers.
It is nice that they have made the effort to catalog and display a portion of the work.
Photographing the work takes time and patience.
Everything that raises awareness of and the public profile of woodturning is welcome by me.

It seems that one of your works has made it into this collection. It seems like it is a group of woodturning collectors showcasing there collections. Congratulations.
I'm thinking it might just be someone that collects pictures of woodturnings, in my case from the facebook group Woodturners around the Globe. The turnings of mine I've seen in the collection are sitting about 5' from me as I type this.

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
You can send a DMCA Takedown Letter to the hosting service and they will order the site owner to immediately remove the images or else they will shut down the site. It's always good to watermark your images.

I'm thinking it might just be someone that collects pictures of woodturnings, in my case from the facebook group Woodturners around the Globe. The turnings of mine I've seen in the collection are sitting about 5' from me as I type this.
Are you seeing your work on the Daniels Collection website or a picture that has been liked on Facebook?
I don't see your name on their website unless there is a piece mis-attributed.

View attachment 26388

https://m.facebook.com/TheDanielCollection/

If a picture of your work was posted without giving credit then most likely it was an oversight.
As can be seen from their timeline they share a large number of images giving credit to the artist.
I think The Daniel Collection in UK is probably a legitimate collector of beautiful woodturnings. The facebook version I'm referring to is just something someone uses to collect photos of things they like. Probably just a coincidence they both have the same name, maybe not, but I don't think they are related. Anytime you post a photo on facebook, it becomes fair game for anyone to do anything they want with it. I accept that knowing how facebook works. I just wondered if anyone knew who runs the facebook version.

The owners of the collection, Shirley and Jonathon post on Facebook under the name of the Daniel Collection. I have them as friends on Facebook under their personal names.
Many turners from Ireland and the U.K. have met them personally as they do attempt to try and attend all of the local symposiums as well as the craft shows, they are very much into the art scene.

Many turners from Ireland and the U.K. have met them personally as they do attempt to try and attend all of the local symposiums as well as the craft shows, they are very much into the art scene.
I stumbled on the Daniel Collection several years ago. After spending some time on the site, I sent an email thanking them for the well cataloged site and the amount of information they provided. Got a personal reply from Jonathan and began an email correspondence with them for a time. Seemed like a very nice couple dedicated to turned wood art. I was surprised when he offered to meet up over dinner when they came into Vancouver for the Symposium up there. Unfortunately our schedules didn’t match up since I was travelling in California at the time.
I got the impression they were just lovers of turned wood art with the wherewithall to buy and share their collection. Still spend time on their site now and again.

I stumbled on the Daniel Collection several years ago. After spending some time on the site, I sent an email thanking them for the well cataloged site and the amount of information they provided. Got a personal reply from Jonathan and began an email correspondence with them for a time. Seemed like a very nice couple dedicated to turned wood art. I was surprised when he offered to meet up over dinner when they came into Vancouver for the Symposium up there. Unfortunately our schedules didn’t match up since I was travelling in California at the time.
I got the impression they were just lovers of turned wood art with the wherewithall to buy and share their collection. Still spend time on their site now and again.

Similar situation with me, I knew of the Daniel Collection site and had friended them on Facebook, because of this they were now able to see my postings on Facebook. While we were in London (I had posted such) I got a message from Shirley offering to meet up for lunch, we never did get together but it gave me such a good feeling knowing that they are genuinely interested in meeting the artists behind the art.

Back