• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

WTB -- Trend Airshield Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any of the old style Trend Airshield (not the pro) batteries they no longer use and willing to part with them.

If you have the old pack, “Batteries +” can rebuild. Another option is to re-wire the helmet and make a DIY pack so you can wear the batteries on your waist.

Last edited:
<Another option is to re-wire the helmet and make a DIY pack so you can wear the batteries on your waist.>

I did this and use 3 D cells. I keep it in my pocket and added a switch. It gives 4.5 volts which is a bit higher then the standard battery pack This gives a higher speed to the fan. May wear out faster?

Now I am in the process of making a new window as the old one started to crack.

Stu

Thanks stu & Dwight,

I'm aware of batteries+ and can get the 2 I have rebuilt for about 30 bucks each. My helmet is really starting to show its age and I handle it like a newborn baby as to not break or crack any of the plastic knobs etc. Probably should just bite the bullet and get a new device but still have 1 last set of new filters so just trying to get the last 10,000 miles out of the unit. 1 battery pretty good and the other is only fair so I only get about 4 hours use with the fan going fast enough to be comfortable. Still would like to find another set that I could get rebuilt to reduce waiting on a recharge. Thanks again.

If you want to extend the battery life I’d invest in a “Smart Charger” I bought one from Tenergy five years ago. I get 6 hours of continued use from a pack. Still use the two packs I bought 10+ years ago.
Have you contacted Trend Router Technology here in the US for replacement knobs and other parts? I have been very pleased with their customer service.

Yes, I've done the smart charger upgrade and that was a real improvement. I use to get about 6 hours of acceptable flow until about 6 months ago and slowing going down under 5 hours. This pack is maybe 5 years old. I have dealt with Trend & also find them great to deal with when I replaced filters & strap coverings etc. The unit has served me well and done what its suppose to do. Has a tendency to slip down on my forehead when my head is turned down which is annoying but overall can't complain. That's why I'd like to keep going with a couple new batteries. Thanks for you thoughts Dwight.

Glenn & stu
The Trend Pro battery does not fit in the original Trend Airshield. Your EnviroSafety link page shows the correct style battery but its not available for ordering. Not sure if it's Covid-19 related or just not available. I doubt it will ever be available again and not sure why they still have it on the site. Airware hasn't had the battery for 3 or 4 years. Thanks for your effort.

Peter,
I have that .pdf file. Some of the needed items themselves are no longer available. Those instructions were created in 2006 and they are great & clear steps to DIY. I think (could be wrong) that getting Batteries Plus to rebuild the battery pack is currently the easiest options. Thanks for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back