Mike Gibson

Ambrosia Maple Teapot

This is a recent teapot made from Ambrosia Maple. Mac Ray posted a turning and l complimented his work and the amazing wood l had not seen one so white and he kindly sent me a piece. Comments welcome. Michael

Ambrosia Maple Teapot
Mike Gibson, Sep 2, 2012
    • Woodscaper
      great use of the natural color of wood and form. Very nice presentation Mike. Hope to see this at the 'Turning Southern Style' Symposium.
    • odie
      You're right, Mike........

It is a rare piece of Ambrosia Maple where the beetle stains and white of the Maple are so pronounced. Terrific contrast of color here......

ooc
    • KurtB
      It is amazing how a simple object, a teapot, can become so elegant!

Turning of the Week, 09/03/12
      AAW Home Page Photo
    • Mike Gibson
      Thank you Kurt for the great honor of Turning of the Week, and l thank Odie and Woodscaper for their comments.
    • Hal
      Mike, I think the stars lined up just right when you got that piece of wood combined with your super teapot turning. The result is fantastic. Congrats on the turning of the week - most deserved.
    • gary rock
      Mike-

Another great looking piece. Congraulations on "Turning of the Week."

Gary
    • Richard Kennedy
      Congrats Sir I doff my cap! Until the next time.............

Oh its a beaut of a piece too!
    • Andy Chen
      Another beauty, Mike. Congratulations on been selected Turning of the Week. I really liked yours/Cinthya's donation to the Beads of Courage at SWAT this year, too.
    • Bill Pottorf
      Mike, a gorgeous teapot with beautiful wood to boot! Well done and congratulations on Turning of the Week.
    • EPowell
      Great piece Mike! A few weeks ago I spent a week with Steven Kennard at the Center for Furniture Craftsmanship in Maine and Mac Ray was there helping everyone, everyway! He brought in some of his work with Ambrosia Maple. He is, indeed one rare, generous Dude!!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    Mike Gibson
    Date:
    Sep 2, 2012
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    54.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    399px
    Aperture:
    f/22.0
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D40
    Date / Time:
    2012:08:28 12:58:45
    Exposure Time:
    8/1 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 200
    Focal Length:
    145 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).