• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Ambrosia Maple Surprise
Gary Ljostad

Ambrosia Maple Surprise

Description: To end my wide rim adventure for a while. I made this Ambrosia Maple Wide rim bowl with a surprise. Insert is Babinga. Ambrosia maple bowl is finished with whipe on poly, and the Babinga insert is buffed and waxed. I got the idea while looking at my last wide rim piece. The textured aria looked almost like it could come out. Was fun turning the inside bowl. I used a small hollowing tool, with the lathe running in reverse. As always all comments and critiques most welcome.
This is an interesting piece Gary. Maybe this could be used to store game pieces on the outside and the inside - to keep them separated. Maybe one color pieces in the rim and another color in the bowl.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Gary Ljostad
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename