• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Continuum
Richard Kennedy

Continuum

Sometimes life seems to get in the way. Jobs about the house and other commitments seem to have ganged up on me keeping me from finishing much recently. Finally though I have managed to sneak off to the workshop and get my fingers dirty! This is a piece of Horse Chestnut about 150mm x 80mm I spent an age creating the loops cutting, sanding and finally today texturing with the pyrograph. In fact I had to pyro it twice as I tried a lighter burn first but found the result insipid. The heavier burn would, had I realised I needed it earlier, resulted in me spending a lot less time in the sanding phase.

Anyway its finished and for me the act of finishing a piece felt great! I have a pile of things half done so I hope I can get out to complete some more soon!
Beautiful Richard. Always the innovator. I knew this was yours when I saw the thumbnail. Others, like me, will follow your lead.

very nice Richard

real appeal this one Richard, I like the contrast textured mid section it set the piece off beautifully,

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Richard Kennedy
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename