• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Not a Bowl
V

Not a Bowl

Multi function screwdriver. I make these for gifts
Very nice! Where do you get the hardware? I assume hollow handle to hold extra bits? Some details on the spiral would also be appreciated.
Cheers,
Barry W. Larson
Calgary, Alberta, Canada eh!

Exquisite!

Very nice! Where do you get the hardware? I assume hollow handle to hold extra bits? Some details on the spiral would also be appreciated.
Cheers,
Barry W. Larson
Calgary, Alberta, Canada eh!
I get the hardware from Woodcraft, Packard, or PSI depending on where I'm ordering other things. It's called a 7 function ratcheting/reversible screwdriver kit. As I told Michael, It's a Sorby mini spiral kit and follow the directions included and lots of practice. The bits are stored in the metal shaft, pull out one and insert another.

No pyro, lol? This is too nice to use, haha! I actually have a lot of dust collecting, decorative lathe tools!!
Thanks Russ, They're meant to be used. When I give them away I tell everyone they have a lifetime guarantee if the handle breaks I will make a new one for them. I gave one to my brother and son in law, they both went directly to their tool boxes. My brother is a strip mine mechanic so if it doesn't hold up I'll find out.

Thanks Russ, They're meant to be used. When I give them away I tell everyone they have a lifetime guarantee if the handle breaks I will make a new one for them. I gave one to my brother and son in law, they both went directly to their tool boxes. My brother is a strip mine mechanic so if it doesn't hold up I'll find out.
Strip mine will do it. My dad was a welder at one for 30 years. Used to weld frames back together of the ford pick ups they used for various things. He was always saying how do they break the frames on a brand new truck?

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Vincent Vogel
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename