• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Primordial Dance
Dave Bowers

Primordial Dance

It's been some time since I posted new work so this is one of my latest. The inspiration for this design is derived from microscopic sea organisms and computer fractals. The original title I had in mind was Primordial Soup. After showing it a friend, she interpreted different dancers within the vase. I combined the two ideas to derive the current title. What do you see?

The wood itself is a fantastic piece of curly, spalted maple (the curl runs throughout). The tree was being cut about a mile from my house so I stopped by. If I hadn't rescued the wood, it would have gone to the landfill. The dimensions are 15" h x 8" w x 8"d. It's sanded to 600 grit with a Watco Danish Oil Finish.
Nice piece Dave, good to see something so recent. Looks like a lot of work, great job!
M
The wood is beautiful, I like the spalt line as well

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Dave Bowers
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings