• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Purpleheart split bowl thingie
Alan Carter

Purpleheart split bowl thingie

This is another in my ongoing series of split bowl pieces with bad titles.

It either looks like an abstract tree, some sort of sea creature, or maybe a container spilling its contents. The following detail photo shows the piercing around the rim.

Purpleheart, maple
about 6"x6"x1"
Very nice! As soon as I saw the thumbnail, I thought "Venus fly trap".

I love it Alan! I really enjoy seeing your creativity come alive; you dont have that brick wall of traditional turning stopping your ideas. Im very impressed with not only your turning ability but also your seemingly never ending ideas that seem to flow from your brain to the wood.

Yes it definitely looks like an abstract tree to me also naming is always the tough part for me also but Im thinking The Leaning Jacaranda or you could cut a slot on the top portion and call it The Wishing Tree. Okay Ill stop LOL, beautiful piece please keep them coming!
Carol

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Alan Carter
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata