• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Some of my favorite bowls to date
A

Some of my favorite bowls to date

Top image is 8" arborvitae and resin. Middle left is 6" red cedar hollow form. Middle right is "mystery wood" spalted hollow form. Bottom is another arborvitae and resin, approximately 8".
How was the cedar oriented? Newbie here and I can't tell by looking at the grain yet. I have a couple of pieces of cedar laying around and if they came out looking half as good as that one looks I'd be thrilled!

How was the cedar oriented? Newbie here and I can't tell by looking at the grain yet. I have a couple of pieces of cedar laying around and if they came out looking half as good as that one looks I'd be thrilled!
I'm pretty sure this one was turned into the end grain. I just started with a round, cut across the diameter of the log. Most of my blanks are resawn lengthwise

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Alan Jeffers
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename