• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

May 2022 Turning Challenge -- Final Results

Cast your vote now for your favorite turning that includes metal!

• Dan Larson with embellishments by Linda Ferber

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • Dennis Weiner

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Janice Levi

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Phil Irons

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • Pat Miller

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Stu Senator

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • William Rogers

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • **Victor Otnelchenko** DISQUALIFIED

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Don Wattenhofer

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Jimmy Asher

• Jennifer Shirley

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • Bernie Hrytzak

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • Sue Cook

• Sebastian Montagano

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chris Fairbanks

Adminstrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
Let me see if I can post this correctly as I have not done it before.....

The May 2022 Turning Challenge was to turn something with metal in it. The entries have been submitted and now it's time for forum members to choose the winner of the May challenge.

The voting begins now and ends at midnight UTC (8 PM EDT, 7 PM CDT, 6 PM MDT, 5 PM PDT, AND 2 PM HST) on June 5th since we started voting late this month. You are allowed one vote and once you have voted you won't be able to go back and change your vote. After you have voted you will be able to track the vote totals. The voting is secret so nobody other than you can see who you voted for (not even the moderators/administrators). And, as always, in case of a tie vote, the forum moderators will gather in a virtual smoke-filled room to sort out the winner.

You can click on any of the images below to see the original post with the full-size images

DanLinda.jpgWWWDennis.jpeg

Janice.JPGWWWPhil.jpg

Pat.jpegWWWStu.jpg

William.jpegWWW

Don.JPGWWWJimmy.JPEG

Jennifer.jpgWWWBernie.JPG

Sue.jpgWWWSebastian.jpeg

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
I discovered that the turning submitted by Victor Otnelchenko was completed prior to the eligibility date. The photo metadata showed that the image was taken on March 5, 2022. Therefore, his entry in the May turning challenge has been disqualified.

Back