• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Blazing Summer Sun
George Guadiane

Blazing Summer Sun

I don't name things very often, but this just looked like the blazing summer sun to me, starting with the 80 grit sanding (almost dry, this stuff was REALLY hard).
(I don't say this very often either) The picture does not do this piece justice. Try as I might, I couldn't capture the blistering corona that radiates from the crotch figure in this black locust vase form.
Even the back view shows some nice grain (IMHO)
Height: 6 1/4 inches
Diameter: 4 inches
Oil sanded and finished with water based poly, buffed to a high luster
By George, that is a beautiful piece of Black Locust. I'd like to see this one in person.

By George, it looks to me like you nailed the combination of the upswept grain and the form! No matter where you look at this piece, my eye moves upward. Great finish, too!

Thank You Folks!

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
George Guadiane
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata