• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Hollow form with carved rim in Ash
Richard Kennedy

Hollow form with carved rim in Ash

I need your help with this one I have created this piece from a nice piece of Ash. I decided I would change the opening and spent ages trying to decide What would work. I have ended up with this slit and slightly opened rim but I am not sure it works. I have spent so long messing on with this I just don't know so I hope you will be able to give me an impartial view.

Comments requested

Richard
I'd love to see it from different angles, but as it stands I think it works.
I personally like the form, the opening and the black interior. The slit looks good from this angle, but I'm wondering if I saw it straight on if I would prefer more of a "v".

Hi John Thanks for your comment the idea was to follow the grain round the form but I like the idea of a V this is only the second one of these I have made so I guess we will see where the ideas take me!

Thanks for your input

Richard

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Richard Kennedy
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings